Capital Area United Way invites you to VOLUNTEER UNITED and become part of the strategic solution to achieve sustainable results. Whether you are a corporate partner or an individual, no other organization is better equipped to connect volunteers to the needs in our community.
Interested in volunteering with Capital Area United Way? Fill out our sign up form!
How to Get Involved
Engagement Calendar – Join CAUW each month for different volunteer projects and events for year-round engagement. View the engagement calendar.
Individual Engagement – CAUW connects individuals that bring passion, expertise and resources needed to help us carry out our mission in the areas of Community Impact and Fundraising.
Corporate Engagement – Let CAUW help drive your corporate goals with customized unique volunteer projects that not only strengthen our community, but provide significant benefits to your company and employees in both tangible and intangible ways.
We were happy to host Nextstar Media Group, Inc Founders Day Corporate Volunteer video.
Service To Go – These fun, DIY projects can be completed anywhere and they provide meaningful resources to local nonprofits who are helping individuals, families, and children in need.
Virtual Volunteer Opportunities
Grant Review Volunteers
Grant Review Volunteers make lasting change in the Capital Area by using an online system to review applications, evaluate the impact and effectiveness of a program, and create a team recommendation about United Way funding. These volunteers are essential to helping CAUW impact our community by working to discover how we can collectively make permanent change.
Capital Area United Way invites you to learn more about the critical needs in our community and the organizations addressing them, attend Site Visits to see the programs in action, ensure donor dollars are being invested appropriately, network and engage with other professionals, and be the 1 who can make all the difference in your community.
Grant Review Volunteers can evaluate through one or more of the following grant processes:
• Quarterly evaluation of program grantees
• Disaster/COVID-19 grants
• Project Grants
• Other processes to be determined such as Seed or Collaborative Grants
Key Responsibilities of the Grant Review Volunteers:
• Attend virtual training to learn about CAUW's funding priorities and how to utilize our grantmaking software
• Work with CAUW staff to review grants and submit evaluations and recommendations for funding
• Ensure the CAUW Community Impact Agenda is integrated among potentially funded programs
• Evaluate program-level outcomes to assess performance and drive investment decisions
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with potential partner agencies
To get involved email, email@example.com