VITA Appointments are NOW OPEN!
What is VITA?
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Overview and Information
The IRS's Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program offers free basic tax return preparation to qualified individuals. The VITA program has operated for over 50 years. VITA sites offer free tax help to people who need assistance in preparing their own tax returns, including:
- People who generally make $60,000 or less annually
- Persons with disabilities
- Limited English-speaking taxpayers
CAUW has partnered with the IRS to provide this service. CAUW's primary objective is to improve financial stability in our community by:
- Ensuring that our clients receive the Earned Income Tax, Child Tax, Additional Child Tax, and Education Credits for which they eligible and
- Providing financial information and guidance to clients who are struggling to make ends meet.
In 2022, VITA volunteers prepared federal and state tax returns for more than 5,900 people across our ten-parish area, infusing households in our local communities with millions of refunded dollars.
Our sites for the 2022 tax season will offer drop-off or face-to-face models. Please pay attention to calendars - Drop-off appointments are for 30 minutes. Face-to-face appointments are for one hour.
*Self-Serve Options for Households that earned less than $60,000 are also available:
Schedule Your Appointment Now!
Items to Bring to Tax Preparation Appointment:
- Photo ID (for you and your spouse, if filing jointly)
- Social Security Card or ITN for each family member of your household
- *All W-2 forms (wages) and all 1099 and 1098 forms
- Child Care provider name, address and tax ID number
- Checking and savings account numbers
- Last year’s tax return
- 1095-A Health Insurance Marketplace Statement (if applicable)
- Other relevant information about income and expenses
Interested in becoming a VITA Volunteer? Fill out our volunteer request form!
Thanks to our VITA Partners and Funders
Interested in becoming a VITA partner?
Read more about our impact in the 10-Parish service area. And email us at email@example.com to learn more about the ways you can be involved!