Asset Limited, Income Constrained, Employed:
The ALICE population is those working residents that are struggling to make ends meet, have little or no savings and are one emergency away from falling into poverty. The ALICE Report below sheds light on those struggling in the community that are our neighbors and maybe even our own family members. The ALICE population encompasses every race, age, gender and ethnicity and work in a variety of professions.
Who Is Alice?
- ALICE stands for Asset Limited, Income Constrained, Employed.
- ALICE households earn more than the federal poverty level but less than the basic cost of living.
- ALICE is working, yet not earning enough.
- ALICE has little or no savings and is one emergency away from falling into poverty.
- ALICE individuals struggle every month to afford necessary expenses like transportation, food, childcare and healthcare.
Where is ALICE?