Grant Review Volunteers make lasting change in the Capital Area by using an online system to review applications, evaluate the impact and effectiveness of a program, and create a team recommendation about United Way funding. These volunteers are essential to helping CAUW impact our community by working to discover how we can collectively make permanent change.
Capital Area United Way invites you to learn more about the critical needs in our community and the organizations addressing them, attend Site Visits to see the programs in action, ensure donor dollars are being invested appropriately, network and engage with other professionals, and be the 1 who can make all the difference in your community.
Grant Review Volunteers can evaluate through one or more of the following grant processes:
- Quarterly evaluation of program grantees
- Disaster/COVID-19 grants
- Project Grants
- Other processes to be determined such as Seed or Collaborative Grants
Key Responsibilities of the Grant Review Volunteers:
- Attend virtual training to learn about CAUW's funding priorities and how to utilize our grantmaking software
- Work with CAUW staff to review grants and submit evaluations and recommendations for funding
- Ensure the CAUW Community Impact Agenda is integrated among potentially funded programs
- Evaluate program-level outcomes to assess performance and drive investment decisions
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with potential partner agencies
There are two sessions offered:
- Thursday, January 14, 2021 at Noon
- Thursday, April 8, 2021 at Noon
- Tuesday, July 13, 2021 at Noon
If you have any questions, please contact Krisit Kron, Community Impact Manager at email@example.com.